Your abuser might be monitoring your activities on the computer so be smart. Go to the library or a public place to make your search.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
October of each year has been set aside as domestic Violence awareness month.
Domestic violence is everyone's business. Help bring happiness to someones home today. Do you have a friend who is been abused? Don't just sit down and say it shall be well. Take the initiative if your friend will not, and report the abuser.
Domestic Violence is a crime, and not just a private family matter. And we all pay for it. Recent studies depicts that domestic violence cost nearly $6 billion per year. So it is everybody's responsibility to help curb such evil in our society.It occurs in our homes, schools, the work place and accros all socio-economic lines.
Some things you can do to help:
- It is so important when a friend or coworker suspects violence, that they get the victim the help and support their needs.
- Report the abuse to the appropriate authorities.
- Advise and Encourage the victim to seek counsel,education and help.
- Educate and advise people you know are abusive.
- Create an environment in which perpetrators know that violence is not acceptable behavior.
- Create acommunity resource center that help in changing perpetrators.
SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE.
Help the Katrina Victims by donating to the Bush-Clinton Katrina Fund. Donate Now.